We are fully committed to reducing our impact on the environment. Where possible we work hard to prevent or eliminate the environmental hazards and impacts that our team, activities, operations and products can create. It is our long term commitment to improving our environmental performance continuously.
We are passionate about our world, it is a wonderful place to live! And we strongly believe that any business should try and do their best to ensure the carbon footprint is minimal. Here at al Bacio Coffee & Co. we do our best to preserve our environment.
We also support the World Coffee Research organisation www.worldcoffeeresearch.org.
Their mission is to "Grow, protect and enhance supplies of quality coffee while improving the livelihoods of the families who produce it".
One of our most significant commitment is to keep the roasting process sustainable and consistent with this approach. This is why we proudly use a machine which uses 80% less gas compared to traditional roasters.
Our Roaster also proudly:
- buy renewable energy
- recycle all that we can
- run a 99% paperless office
- use only biodegradable filling for packaging
- encourage our suppliers to cut out plastic as much as possible
- order in bulk to reduce transport cost
- use paper tape instead of plastic tape
- do not use air conditioning but ventilate with fans and windows
- reuse coffee waste
- work with DPD who are a carbon neutral company
This is also other way I keep our promise:
- Putting into effect energy saving technologies that will be beneficial for the environment as well as our energy consumption levels.
- Reduce pollution, emissions and waste
- Considering daily activities and taking responsibility for minimising negative impacts on the environment. Daily routines such as travelling to work are one of the things taken into account and all employees are encouraged to find ways other than driving.
- Waste management is a key area, especially our paper. We aim to be paperless where possible we are very close to achieving a 100% paperless office. Any paper used is reused as scrap before being added to the onsite recycling collection bin.
- Purchasing office supplies that have been recycled or are recyclable and local, being mindful of the carbon footprint of the product.
- Saving building resources as much as possible in accordance with the latest eco guidelines is essential especially when considering things such as energy consumption from lighting to computer systems.
- We expect similar environmental standards from our suppliers
- Staff training and participation
Coffee Bags and Packaging
Our coffee bags are 100% recyclable, 4 – LDPE (Low-Density Polyethylene). We encourage you to find other uses for them. Handy hint: They make great grow bags for plants and herbs.
Our delivery cardboard boxes are recyclable.
We use paper packing tape instead of plastic.
We use Royal Mail for smaller orders and DPD for larger deliveries. Royal Mail is consistently improving their efficiency and environmental impact and due to the volume of deliveries through their network their carbon impact is reduced. DPD have an extensive Carbon Neutral programme and were rated #1 in the voluntary carbon offset market in the CEP sector.
We are immensely proud to operate from a completely self-sufficient, green estate. We continue to do everything we can to minimise our footprint on the environment.